Blogging for Business - Why it Matters and How to Do it Right
Blogs began as a way for individuals to get their two-cents’ worth out in the wild and wooly internet world. Some were rants, some were funny, others were informative, and a few were downright offensive.
But pretty quickly, web marketers noticed that blogs were popping up high on topic searches. Turns out that search engines are big on relevant content, and content is one of blogging’s strong points. In fact, it’s the whole point. And it works, especially if it’s done well and done purposefully.
Here are just a few reasons why blogging should be an integral part of your marketing:
- Blogging drives Search Engine Optimization
- It’s a direct channel to both customers and prospects
- It builds authority and confidence in your business
- It gives feedback about your customers’ interests and needs
- It’s nearly-free PR
- It has a long-term cumulative effect
The bottom line? If you don’t have a well-run blogging plan, you’re missing out. Marketing experts agree that blogging is one of the most valuable tools in a digital marketer’s strategy. It’s simple to do and is highly effective. All it takes is a commitment and a plan. Here’s how to get started:
- Make a list of blog topics. Include industry and product news, as well as timely articles about your brands and products offered.
- Set a posting schedule and stick to it. Most experts suggest a minimum of one blog post per week to keep readers engaged.
- Make your blogs interesting and relevant to your core publics.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and post on those that affect you greatly.
- Keep the writing crisp and informative. Remember, along with providing regularly updated, fresh content, relevancy is the most important factor of your blog.
- Be sure the writing is top-quality, content and grammar-wise. The tone should reflect your business and values, representing your organizational culture while creating dialogue and building relationships. A blog’s purpose is to create accessibility to your audiences and foster authentic connections. If you have the means to maintain a comments section, do so and make sure you are responding to visitors consistently.
- Include a call-to-action, but don’t make it too sales-y. You want to engage the reader but not be pushy or come off as being coercive. Remember, authenticity is attractive and builds trust. Visitors will be encouraged and want to follow-up with you when they trust you and are provided the convenient means to do so. So be there, but be real.
Strategic Blogging for Content Marketing
Blogging is an important part of your business’s overall Content Management strategy and the e-commerce business is full of case studies showing remarkable blog-driven growth. Let the Content Management experts at the Unleaded Group share some of those stories with you and help you build a blogging strategy for your company. We employ writers with top-level experience in copywriting and create interesting, content-rich blogs including keywords relevant to what searchers are looking for.
Beyond the Blog
Online marketing today is more than just having a website. It takes a coordinated strategy that includes content, design, and technical know-how. When you’re ready to expand your marketing reach, the Unleaded Group is here to help. We have an entire department focused on the latest in content management and site optimization with an award-winning design team and industry-best technical talent to back them up. Check out our e-commerce blog for ideas on how your site can stand out and perform at its best.